As of 25 May 2018, we are complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union. Our GDPR compliance policy is stated below.
Customer Data Rights
Our GDPR compliance policy has been developed considering your right to access to, revision of, limitation of and deletion of your data.
Customer Contact and Registration Data
We keep and use customer data limited to contact data gained by:
- Registrations on Villas2let.com.cy, either via member registrations or mailing list registrations. This information typically includes first name, last name, email address, and telephone number.
- Customer data handed to us voluntarily, such as in terms of exchange of business cards.
- User registration data collected for executing payments, contacting or receiving information about our services.
- Enquiries and other information which derives from the exchange of emails, both within our website and via standard email.
We do not keep customer payment information, credit card numbers, or other payment information. Sometimes any processing of such information will be implemented by third-party e-payment getaways or online payment platforms although integrated in our website.
We do keep contact information from both individuals i.e one-person companies as well as employees of organizations which provide a corporate email and telephone number.
Sensitive Customer Data
We do not keep or process any data considered as “sensitive” under the GDPR meaning:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinions;
- religious or philosophical beliefs;
- trade union membership;
- processing of genetic data;
- biometric data for uniquely identifying a natural person;
- sex life or sexual orientation.
Social Media Data
We manage a social media ecosystem that include profiles, pages and groups in the most known social media platforms. Any customer data shared with these platforms, such as customer IDs shared using “like” or “follow”, are bound by the terms of agreement of each respective social media platform.
In most cases are contracts may reflect a full individual name or a company name and registration, residential or registered address, passport or national identification (ID) number. This information is part of a legal contract and is bound by the non-disclosure and confidentiality terms of that contract.
Payment (Invoice) Data
In some cases, we make national or international payments to individual customers. In this case, the contract and invoice documentation may contain payment information such as a bank account number (IBAN), SWIFT code, bank name and address, VAT or tax number and related information. All such information is kept as part of a contract or invoice document.
Online Customer Data Storage
Customer data is stored in our online databases:
- on the Villas2let.com.cy website, via self-entry of data, either on the newsletter sign-up or via the member account creation;
- on a third-party electronic newsletter application that we use to coordinate electronic mailing.
Offline Customer Data Storage
Customer data is stored in our corporate database. Data collected and stored for this purpose typically derives from the Villas2let.com.cy website, other companies of the Group, business card exchange and from activities pertinent to the arrangement of your holiday accommodation with us. All data is collected and stored by trained personnel.
Uses of Customer Data
Customer data is used to:
- Verify your user name and password as you log in to our website (where relevant);
- Send you electronic newsletters and related information specifically relating to our business, which you are free to unsubscribe from.
Customer data may also be stored as tenancy documents, invoices, or contract documents.
Unethical Uses of Customer Data
Please note that we will never:
- Harvest or scrape customer data from online resources
- Purchase and use customer data from unverified sources
- Sell customer data to third parties
- Transfer your data to any entity outside the companies of the Group either within or outside the European Union.
Finding out about Your Data
If you would like to learn what customer data we store relating to your organization, please contact us on [email protected] and/or (00357)23834200. Upon submission of your request, we shall contact you to confirm your identity prior to releasing any information.
Revising Your Data
If you would like to revise or update your customer data, please send your updated information via our website’s contact form. Upon receipt your request, we shall contact you to confirm your identity prior to updating or revising any information.
We store and use customer data as follows.
- For Administration/Marketing purposes indefinitely or until when any subscriber chooses to opt out.
- For Financial purposes the minimum requirement time window stipulated by government bodies is seven years whilst is common practice data to be kept for longer periods.
Deleting Your Data
If you wish to delete your data, please contact us on [email protected] and/or (00357)23834200.
We take all measures to ensure that customer data stored is accurate and relevant to the purpose for which it has been provided.
All data is collected and stored by Villas2let, trade name of Giovani Masterfix Limited, 436 Cavo Greco Avenue, 5314 Paralimni, Cyprus.
Data Protection Authority
You have the right to raise concerns at any time with the Cyprus Commissioner for Personal Data Protection if you are not satisfied with the way we may handle a complaint. Details of the Commissioner are provided below:
1 Iasonos, 1082, Nicosia
P.O.Box 23378, 1682 Nicosia
(Email:) [email protected]